Knowledge Perk: Spartanburg’s Central Perk

Spartanburg has a new coffee shop coming soon: Knowledge Perk Coffee.
Knowledge Perk Coffee will be conveniently located at The Hub for students to enjoy.
Spartanburg has a new coffee shop coming soon: Knowledge Perk Coffee. Knowledge Perk Coffee will be conveniently located at The Hub for students to enjoy.
Addie Porter

One of the newest additions to Spartanburg, The Hub, is located right across campus. Many students utilize this space for a late night bagel, some soul food or to purchase a textbook or two. Recently, a cafe and ice creamery has been added to this list of amenities.

This store will be a licensed store for both Knowledge Perk Coffee Company, based out of Rock Hill, S.C., and Two Scoops Creamery, based out of Charlotte, N.C..

This location is owned and operated by Will and Elise Archie and was originally announced online in February 2023 to physically feature a meeting room and a stage for live performances inside, while sharing the outdoor space with the rest of The Hub’s businesses.

Will Archie said he chose the location was in part because of the availability of colleges like Wofford in the area, which reminded him of his own experience as a college student at Winthrop University.

“I remember going to Jo’s cafe with my friends late at night to go study,” Will Archie said. “Obviously we won’t be open 24/7, but we want to offer a space like that where students feel welcome.”

Will Archie sees this location as perfect for students. He highlighted specifically the conference room available for groups to use, as well as the layout and tables that would work well for study or tutoring sessions.

Will Archie also is very proud of both of the companies he is licensing with, and praises the products they offer whether it be the particular care put into the coffee or the flavors of ice cream they can offer.

“Similar to places like Little River, our coffee beans are roasted in Rock Hill and delivered fresh to us. (Knowledge Perk) takes time to go through every single distributor of their coffee beans,” Will Archie said. “We try to be as knowledgeable about our coffee as possible, we could tell you about where every coffee bean comes from, we could tell you about the entire process.”

Archie even mentioned that he hopes that, once this location has been open for a while, they will be able to expand the options for flavor profiles in their coffees, even being able to work towards bringing individual customers their own flavor profile through the beans used to make their coffee.

Two Scoops produces their ice cream in Rock Hill as well and ships it fresh to stores. Archie highlighted two flavors to demonstrate what will differentiate Two Scoops from most other ice cream, specifically his wife’s favorite, “Shipwrecked,” which is a chocolate ice cream with Oreos and caramel, and his favorite flavor, strawberry. 

For Wofford students, Archie stated that while he had contacted Wofford and found that Terrier Bucks was not in a position to add any new businesses, there will be a student discount for all college students, Wofford or not, that will offer at least 10% off the total purchase. The shop is open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m., seven days a week. 

$0
$500