WAC’s Spring Weekend evolves into Spring Fest

Cammille Tericina ‘26 Ava Cox ‘27.
Students enjoy the bubbles at spring fest this year! The event was yet again a success!
Cammille Tericina ‘26 Ava Cox ‘27. Students enjoy the bubbles at spring fest this year! The event was yet again a success!
Tatum Mogck

To kick off final exam season and celebrate a long semester of work at Wofford, the Wofford Activities Council (WAC) celebrated its annual Spring Weekend, now dubbed “Spring Fest,” with a variety of events and attractions. This year the celebrations fell on the weekend of May 26-28. 

The events were led by WAC’s Terrier Traditions committee, led by Emma Catherine McLean ‘24 and Lauren Strange ‘24. 

“We had inflatables, a foam pit and food trucks. The Service Committee, (headed by Hope Moreno ‘25), hosted Pie-a-President. Proceeds from the event raised money for the Dr. T. K. Gregg Community Center,” said Kate Gillum ‘26, member of the Wofford Activities Council.

Gillum enjoyed planning and organizing the event because of the way it brought the students together in philanthropy and community.

A small difference took place for  this year’s fundraising efforts compared to years past. Last year, the council provided a dunk booth, where students could “dunk” an organization’s president. This year, the council hosted “pie-a-president,”which proved to be a favorite among students. 

Promise Henry ‘25, the current chair of WAC, pointed out another slight change to the event. 

“In years past, we did not have a meal ticket; we could just go to several different food trucks and get a lot of food,” Henry said. “But now, students were given two separate tickets that they could use at the food trucks, and I think that would be the biggest change.”

In order for students to get these tickets, they had to check in through security, which was another adjustment from years past. 

She noted that the renaming of the weekend was unique this year as well, making it a more collaborative experience for students.

Wofford Live and the Wofford Activities Council have decided to come together, hosting both Spring concert and Spring weekend on the same weekend. In years past, the two organizations have hosted their springtime festivities independent of one another. This change in programming has led to a new name for this annual tradition– Spring Fest. 

Despite the slight changes made to the annual event, Gillum, Henry and the rest of the council  were thrilled about this fun-filled weekend.

“I love getting an opportunity to plan fun events for the entire student body. One of the most unique things about Wofford is the access to campus wide activities,” said Gillum. “It is so important to me to preserve that sense of community through whole-school events.”

Henry agreed with Gillum, stating that collaboration aids the council in its efforts to provide fun events for the student body. 

“The thing I enjoy most about WAC is just being able to come together with a group of individuals that love event planning and providing these events here on campus for our student population to enjoy,” said Henry. “This organization is full of great student leaders… and it is one l love and enjoy being a part of, and I can’t wait to finish it out my senior year.”

Spring weekend is a beloved tradition among the terriers. The event, now referred to as spring fest, is a clever way to have a weekend of fun before final exams begin. The weekend is marked on the calendars of many students, and gives them time to enjoy the good weather with friends before graduating or simply leaving for the summer. 

$0
$500