A message from Dean Roberta Bigger to the Wofford College community

By Roberta Bigger, vice president of student affairs, dean of students

The staff in Student Affairs and I appreciate how much you all care about Greek Life at Wofford, and we appreciate your love for the college.

We want you to know that we have heard and understand the concerns voiced recently regarding the new Greek Village. The conversations about the leases for the houses may have been poorly timed. The leases are similar to ones from the past that fraternity presidents have signed, but we recognize that we needed a more clear process for their review and execution as we prepare to move into the new houses.

We know you have concerns regarding certain provisions of the leases, and we take those concerns seriously.

Dean Hammett and I are working with the presidents of all of the fraternities and sororities on campus to find appropriate solutions so that their chapters can use the houses now through the end of the semester. During the summer, we will work diligently with Greek officers, their national offices and the local alumni leadership to find solutions so that everyone may enjoy the houses at the beginning of the fall semester and help us with the college’s official grand opening of the Greek Village on Sept. 17.

Together with our students, we will find options and a path forward to allow for flexibility, student safety and enjoyment, and a continued fantastic Greek Life experience.

We appreciate the input we have heard and want to thank all who have been involved in these productive conversations.

Best wishes for the successful conclusion of your spring semester and good luck on your final papers and exams.

View Comments (2)
$0
$500