Message from President Madrid

Dear Friends,

As we are coming to the end of the school year, I would like to inform you that we, all the members of Campus Union, are not waiting until the next school year to start delivering what we proposed during our campaigns. Instead, we, the Executive Committee and the Campus Union Assembly, are crafting a VIA Plan (Vision-Implementation-Action). This plan is centered on our strategic vision. The pillars of our plan are the following:

1. Improving the recreational areas on campus to enhance campus life,
  2. Efficient administration of our budget, as well as requesting a budget increase,
  3. Planning and hosting more student-led events,
  4. Enhancing and promoting communication, and
  5. Striving to fully represent each member of the student body.

We believe that this comprehensive plan will help us serve you better, as well as allow you to hold us accountable. The VIA plan will be accessible through the Campus Union website, and will be published on all Campus Union social media and printed in the Old Gold & Black. Likewise, as the new school year unfolds, a periodic progress report will be posted.

I would also like to acknowledge that this is a thrilling time to be at Wofford. History is being made. The football team secured the 2017 NCAA Division I Football Championship, the volleyball team had their best season ever, students currently are and will be interning at amazing places like Slack and Microsoft, and it is also essential to mention that the Class of 2018 is closing their Wofford experience with remarkable memories, superlative knowledge and with a bright future ahead. I truly believe our potential is inspiring and I ask you to please keep shining with untarnished honor.

Please feel free to forward me any questions, comments or anxieties by emailing me at [email protected] via phone at (803)-317-0264.

Here to serve you,

Fredy O. Madrid M., Jr.

$0
$500