Be mine?

CREATIVE VALENTINE’S DATE IDEAS FOR EVERY COUPLE—

Love is in the air, fancy chocolates are everywhere and flower orders are at an all time high. While some people plan out their Valentine’s date weeks ahead, others scramble for an idea. You could fall back on the classics (dinner and a movie), or you could shake things up a bit.

When it comes to dates, thinking outside of the box is great. Sometimes the best dates are impromptu escapades around the city. Other times, they take a bit more planning. While classic activities are fantastic, there are ways in which you can personalize your date to make it more appealing and memorable.

For movie fanatics: Rent a movie that neither of you have seen before. Mute it, and improvise the dialogue. Have you ever seen those Bad Lip Reading videos on YouTube? This will be even better.

For book lovers: Go to your local bookstore. Both you and your date pick out books you think that the other would be interested in. Of course, reading a passage or two out loud would be required.

For YouTube fans: Find challenges (Saltine Challenge, Cinnamon Challenge, Blindfolded Makeup Challenge, etc.) on YouTube and record you and your date attempting one. It will be a lot of fun and the two of you will probably end up laughing a lot.

For adventurous people: Go to a club to swing dance. Watch a few tutorials beforehand to learn how and then let your new moves shine. This fast-paced dance will bring you two together in a new way. Another option for those wanting to get their groove on is to look up dance tutorials online. Have you always loved Michael Jackson’s moves? After a night you’ll be a master. Make it a competition with your date to see who is the best dancer after all.

For artsy people: Go for a walk around your city and bring a disposable camera or two. Find ridiculous places and things to pose by. After getting them developed, make a scrapbook with the best pictures. Indie lyrics are allowed.

For the culinary masters: Cook or bake something together. Does your date make killer brownies? How about a family recipe? Even if neither of you are super talented with preparing food, you’ll have a great time. And hey, you get some food out of it – that’s pretty great. If all fails, pizza is always a great backup.

For the silly goobers: If you truly need to think of a date outside of the box, simply take your date to the Yankee Candle Store. Who doesn’t love smelling all of those delicious candles? Buy the weirdest or best scents and then have a night in. Blanket fort and pizza?

Hopefully these ideas have inspired you to do something fun and memorable this Valentine’s Day.

—Emily Bohrer

$0
$500