Wofford Live announces the lineup for this year’s Spring Concert

DANK SINATRA, MAGIC MAN AND MOON TAXI ARE ALL SLATED TO PERFORM AT THE ANNUAL EVENT—

Previously featuring bands like Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, White Panda and Young Joc, the annual Spring Concert organized by the members of Wofford Live has provided students with a unique musical experience. On Feb. 12, this year’s lineup was revealed during the halftime show of the men’s basketball game against Chattanooga, and features the bands Dank Sinatra, Magic Man and Moon Taxi.

The bands were selected after the committee worked with an agent to compile a list of feasible artists that fit within the budget and that they believed would provide the desired concert experience.

“We wanted to use our funds to bring in several skilled, up-and-coming bands with grassroots followings at Wofford instead of breaking the bank for one reasonably well-known band,” says Luke Basha, the committee chair of Wofford Live. “I think the student body will have a great time, even if they aren’t currently familiar with the bands. I feel that the committee is representative of the entire Wofford community, and we’re all currently excited for this year’s lineup, so I feel that this could be one of the bet Spring Concerts that Wofford has ever seen.”

Chie Mushayamunda, a freshman, is excited to experience her first Spring Concert.

“I have high hopes for Spring Concert this Year! I’ve haven’t listened to these bands before, but they seem great. I’m a huge indie fan, so it should be a lot of fun. Hopefully it will be one to remember!”

Senior Stephanie Ackerson is excited to be introduced to these bands through the concert as she loves listening to new music.

“I’ve always liked Spring Concert because, even though the majority of the time I don’t know the band, it’s still a great time. We’ve always had bands that are great live, so I’m excited to have a fun time and hang out with everyone on campus.”

“I hadn’t heard of any of the bands before, but after checking out some of their stuff I’ve gotten really excited to see them play live,” says Jimmy Schwartz, a junior who has attended multiple on campus concerts. “I’m most looking forward to spending time with my friends at this event because it provides an atmosphere that often isn’t found at Wofford.”

Spring Concert will be held on Saturday, May 2, and the committee members are currently working to finalize the remaining details for the event.

“The current plan is to have the Fuddruckers truck come back and to have free snowcones again as well,” says Basha. “We at Wofford Live still have a few tricks up our sleeve as we seek to make Spring Concert more and more of an all day event, so stay tuned and follow us on Facebook and Twitter so you can stay up to date as we get closer to what should be a Spring Concert to remember!”

— Kelsey Aylor

$0
$500