Women’s Basketball Soldiers On Without Wanink

Wofford guard Da’Ja Green (35) drives to the basket past an ETSU defender

Terriers stay in the conference mix despite injuries

Shortly before halftime during the Feb. 13 “pink-out,” Wofford guard Chloe Wanik went up for a layup and came down uncomfortably before being escorted from the court while many in the Jerry Richardson Indoor Arena sat in silence. 

Later during the game, the team also lost junior Jamari McDavid, whose future for the season is up in the air with an ankle injury. Despite the absence of Wanik and McDavid for the latter part of the game, the Terriers closed out an 86-62 victory over ETSU in dominant fashion. 

However, losing two out of their top three scorers has certainly hurt the Terriers, who surrendered the top spot in the conference standings after falling 51-49 to UT-Chattanooga on a buzzer beater. It was a painful way to close out senior night, which included the announcement that junior Da’Ja Green will depart from the Wofford program after the conclusion of this season in favor of graduate school after graduating early. 

Two subsequent road games yielded mixed results in a 49-45 loss to UNC-Greensboro and a 65-58 win over Western Carolina. The Lady Terriers stand at  and took on Furman Feb. 29 in the final regular season game. 

$0
$500