Saying Thank You To Abroad

Sadie Fink with her host family in Senegal

An early end to my year of travel

I have had quite a lot of time on my hands to think about my life, both the lessons I’ve learned from the past and what I would like from the future. I have also been thinking about where I was supposed to be until May 15th, continuing my semester in Senegal. Although my two semesters abroad were brought to an early close due to coronavirus, I am so very thankful for the time that I did have. During the fall semester I traveled to Chile, Nepal and Jordan where my passion for human rights work was strengthened. I made some of the best friends I have ever had and have loved deepening those relationships with zoom happy hours and movie nights recently. I visited some of the most beautiful places in the world and met some of the most beautiful people too. For that I say thank you. 

My spring semester in Senegal was unfortunately only two months long, but I am so grateful for the time that I did have. I once again met some of the most incredible, intelligent and kind people that I treasure, including my amazing host family. Although online school sucks to say the least and I wish I was able to finish my year abroad, I couldn’t be happier with the experiences I had.

And for all of you who have followed my travels and read my stories, I say thank you to you as well. It has been my pleasure to be your foreign correspondent and I look forward to coming back to Wofford in the fall. 

$0
$500