A love letter to Wofford

Photo by Mark Olencki
Dear Wofford College,
From the day we met, I knew you were up to no good. It started like any romance, with secret glances from afar. But soon you engaged me in conversation. We began to flirt here and there. It went on for several weeks until one night as we stood there in the ambient light of my dorm room, you leaned in and kissed me. I kissed you back. I fell hard for you. We were unabashed, you and I, holding hands, lazing on the lawn and traveling together. My friends just didn’t understand. You showed me things others dreamed of seeing and opened my eyes to novel horizons. It was as if I was in a tunnel, strapped to a chair and blindfolded until you came along with your knife to liberate me. After you removed the bandages, I felt blinded by what I saw. After you had freed my hands, I struggled to learn to hold. Then, you kicked the chair out from under me and slowly, patiently taught me how to walk.How could you? How could you let me leave you? How could you thrust me back into this world alone? You let me enter a world full of blindfolded, tied down, sedentary people. I loved you. That won’t change. I know you’ve had lovers before and God knows how many will come after. Yet, I too will love again. Don’t think I will forget you, nor plan I to upset you in settling down.You taught me to forge unflinchingly into the Unknown. I don’t care what you do now or who you see. Just know that I loved you. I always will.

With love sincere and shining,
Daniel Didok,

Class of 2014

Didok

Didok is currently breaking into the art world. Some of his work can be found on didok.net.

$0
$500