Wofford Campus Union welcomes new 2016-2017 Cabinet

The 2015-2016 Campus Union Assembly, of which Chris Paschal, Chie Mushayamunda, Brendan Paschal and Drake McCormick all took part, smiles for an official group photo.

By: Brie White, Staff Writer

On Tuesday afternoons at 4 p.m., the newly elected Wofford Campus Union Cabinet, along with Dean Roberta Bigger, meets to discuss the happenings and development of this institution. Chris Paschal (President), Chie Mushayamunda (Vice President), Drake McCormick (Treasurer) and Brendan Paschal (Secretary) all have great hopes for their terms in office.

This Cabinet serves as the head of the Campus Union Assembly that is comprised of delegates from each class and numerous committees.

“Each of these positions serves to make Campus Union a better liaison between the student body and administration like the Board of Trustees,” Chris Paschal says.

Mushayamunda adds, “One of my jobs is to facilitate committee involvement, which is really important.”

Bigger emphasized this way for students to have their voices heard, saying “this cabinet has approachability on their side.”

In terms of change making, the Cabinet is hopeful but complimentary of past action.

“I think Campus Union has done a really good job of listening to student opinion in the past,” Brendan Paschal says. “However, I think we can be more transparent.”

McCormick mentions a personal goal as treasurer to be “more organized . . . so people can look at a budget and realize where money is, where it’s going and what’s available.”

Bigger wants students who want change to come to Campus Union Assembly meetings.

“They are on Monday nights at 6 p.m. and have been for 30 years . . . anyone is welcome, always.”

Mushayamunda says, “we are here, ready and willing to serve our peers during a time of transition at Wofford” and offers attendance as an outlet for involvement.

Paschal says, “What I don’t think people realize is that we don’t hold the power, we are a figurehead for other opinions… student involvement matters. People should run for committees and see what they can do, we want to make that involvement seamless.”

As the spring semester moves to a close and the Cabinet prepares for the incoming year, there is the promise of effort and gratitude.

“This position is a big responsibility,” Mushayamunda says.

“People can expect accountability,” says Chris Paschal. “We have the sincere hope to better Wofford College with our efforts.”

$0
$500