A striking season

By: Will Harper, staff writer

The Terriers are having a very successful season on the diamond this season, sitting at 25-13 overall, and at 6-3 in conference as of the week of April 23. The Terriers have four players batting over .300 this season, including McClain Bradley, who is hitting .363 with four homeruns and 25 RBIs, and Mack Nathanson, who is hitting .341 with eight homeruns and 37 RBIs. These two seniors spearhead a crew of five seniors who have started over ninety percent of the games this year. Coach Interdonato heavily attributes the success the team has had this year to these seniors.

“Those guys being able to stay consistent… being able to rebound from a bad at-bat, rebound from a bad game, I think that allows everyone else to play a little more constant because those guys have yet to go into a really bad slump without coming back out of it pretty quick,” says Interdonato. This is of course reflected in the statistic that these five players have played in 189 of the 190 possible games this year. None of these players have even dipped much under .260 this year.

On the pitching side, Interdonato says that three pitchers out of the bullpen have really stepped up to supplement Adam Scott and the great batch of starting pitchers the Terriers have. “Matt Ellmyer, Jake Hershman and Anthony Garcia have been reliable this year,” says Interdonato. “Those guys have been able to keep the other guys in order and those guys being able to extend the bullpen gives us the ability to use more than one reliable guy down there.”

For the most up to date stats and scores for the Terriers, check online at www.woffordterriers.com. The Terriers look to finish the season out strong and continue their success deep into the postseason.

$0
$500