Be Informed

Be+Informed

Voter registration extended for South Carolina Voters 

In the upcoming South Carolina midterm election, we will be electing a Governor, and this will be the first year that he picks his running mate. We will elect an Attorney General and a Secretary of State. In this election, we will also decide if we want our Superintendent of Education to be elected by the voters or appointed by the Governor. The U.S. House will be electing Congressional seats from every district in S.C. 

It is so important that we register to vote. As Americans, we give power to our government through our vote. Be informed! Exercise your civic duty! Our country was founded under the principles of the republic: “We the People.” We the People stand against corruption and police brutality. We the People stand against the sexual assault of women. In order for us to stand together we must have a voice; our voice is in our votes. 

So many Americans have fought, died and sacrificed for this right to vote that has been expanded in our Constitution. We owe it to those who have died fighting for this right that we enjoy as Americans. We bring dishonor to them by not reflecting in our actions the rights that those who came before us fought so hard to bring us. 

Voter registration has been extended for South Carolina to Oct. 17 because of the devastation of Hurricane Florence. S.C. voters, you can also call your local Voter Registration office and request a ballot to be sent to Wofford College. Absentee voting started on Oct. 8. Vote today!  

Written by Jacorie McCall

$0
$500