A letter from your Student Body President

YOUR STUDENT GOVERNMENT IS AT WORK. WHAT CAN WE DO FOR YOU?—

As I sit here and write this article for the Old Gold and Black, I cannot believe that the semester is almost already over. There have been so many classes, events and days that have gone by since we all moved in during the last weekend in August; it is amazing to see how fast time slips away. Even though time has been moving by awfully quickly this semester, that does not mean that Campus Union has been sitting back and watching the time roll on past us. We have been busy working hard to make Wofford a more fun, more exciting and most importantly a better place to live, play and study for all. A number of students frequently stop me in passing while crossing our beautiful campus to share with me their concerns and ask what Campus Union can do to help. My purpose in writing to you all today is to express how your Student Government can help.

There are 36 students that make up the Campus Union assembly: six representatives for each class, 8 students who represent the student body as a whole, and the cabinet, which governs the entire assembly. If you are having a problem of any kind that you think Campus Union can help you with, my first suggestion is to go to one of your class representatives and voice your concern. They are the individuals closest to your constituency and they would be the most suited to tackle your problem. If you think it would be better for an at-large delegate to tackle your issue that of course is fine as well. The cabinet and I are always eager to help any club or chartered organization on campus; all you have to do is ask.

Campus Union has an adequate budget and we have the authority to allocate that money as the assembly sees fit. If there is something that you want to see at Wofford, whether it is new equipment in the Richardson building, bringing fire pits to the village, getting new washing machines and dryers for the dorms (the list can go on and on), these are all things that fall under Campus Union’s sphere of influence. We as an assembly will never know what problems are facing the student body if they are not conveyed to us in the appropriate manner. So rather than anonymously complaining about something on Yik Yak, make your concerns known to your elected representatives.

Campus Union can do a lot for Wofford and its students. We were all elected to serve at the pleasure of you, the student body. It has been an honor and a privilege to serve you as Student Body President thus far and I look forward to continue serving in this capacity. Never forget that I am hearing you: we as a student body are stronger together when our voices are united. I know that there are a number of concerns and topics at hand that need to be further addressed this year. When we work together, we become a more legitimate, more organized voice in tackling these  issues. Join me in continuing to have an excellent school year! If you ever need anything, you can reach me at [email protected].

Sincerely,
Hank Davis
Campus Union President 2014-2015

$0
$500