Welcoming back Gasparato

As of Jan. 17, 2015, the Wofford community welcomed Gregory Anthony Gasparato, a football coach and physical education teacher. Despite having only been on staff for the past month, Gasparato has been a member of the Wofford community for much longer. A former student, Gasparato graduated in 2009 with a degree in finance.

“After I graduated, I went to help out my girlfriend, who is my current wife, and her family with their restaurant. While there I got into coaching.”

Since then, Gasparato has traveled along the east coast working with different colleges and high schools helping to coach football teams.

“In 2010 I started coaching the Richland High School football team and from there started working with colleges. I went to Janiata College working with the Division III team and then Brevard College helping the Division II team.”

`Then in 2013 Gasparato reconnected with an old Wofford coach, Nate Woody, who was at the time working for Appalachian State University. Gasparato would become the gradient assistant coach for the team, before finally reconnecting with Wofford College.

“I am the new Linebacker coach for the football team and will start working with them for next year, as well as teaching racquetball.”

It has been six years since Gasparato has been back to the Wofford College, but since coming back Gasparato has been able to meet up with several of his past professors.

“One thing I always remembered about Wofford was the personal relationships I had with coaches and the professors. So now that I get to come back and work alongside them makes it extra special for me.”

“Dr. Hill helped put me on the right track as far as getting my degree and then assisted in getting me accepted into Grad school.”

Gasparato has come back to Wofford with the hopes of making a difference in the lives of the students he will teach and coach during his time here.

“I know when I was here I had a great experience with the college with athletics, academics and social interaction. I hope to come back and make sure the guys I am coaching have similar positive experiences I had.”

If you see Gasparato on campus or while in the gym, be sure to welcome him back to our growing Wofford family.

—Ayrton Menjivar

$0
$500