Men’s Basketball Drops 5 Straight, 3 At Home

Wofford guard Storm Murphy 21 (5) playing defense during the Chattanooga game
Wofford guard Storm Murphy ’21 (5) playing defense during the Chattanooga game

Terriers struggle leading up to SoCon Tournament

Wofford Men’s Basketball is going through a rough patch after being swept during a three-game homestand by Chattanooga, Mercer and Western Carolina, respectively. This was followed by a pair of close losses to UNC-Greensboro in overtime and Furman on the road. 

The 67-66 defeat at the hands of the Paladins was witnessed by a sizable crowd at Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville. A basket by Furman’s Mike Bothwell gave the host Paladins the lead, and Nathan Hoover’s last second 3-point attempt did not fall for the Terriers. 

The Terriers hosted ETSU on Feb. 26. The Buccaneers sit atop the SoCon standings with a record of 27-4 overall, 16-2 in the SoCon as of Wednesday, providing the Terriers with the chance to pick up a marquee win heading into the SoCon tournament March 6-9 in Asheville, N.C. A Feb. 29 road game at Mercer will wrap up the regular season. The Terriers will need a combination of wins and strategic losses by Chattanooga in order to avoid a Friday first-round game. As it stands, the Terriers have a 16-15 overall record, 8-10 in conference (SoCon) record after the game with Mercer.

$0
$500