COVID-19 Calls, How Does Wofford Answer?

How Wofford’s virus measures compare to Furman University’s

Wofford, as well all schools around the world, has been dealing with having students back on campus this fall, some better than others. The college has been encouraging students to enjoy each other’s company in outdoor settings, though the number of students outnumbers outdoor seating.

Luckily, Wofford has a number of open green spaces for students to sit on a blanket. This is relatively similar to other schools in the area such as Furman University.

As for the more medical side of COVID-19 precautions, Wofford has a daily COVID-19 check in, though they have not tested the campus as a whole. Furman had all of their students tested after having a staggered move in. Furman is relatively the same size as Wofford and is very close geographically, making the best comparison.

Furman students, all on campus now as they moved in staggered, a month apart, are subjected to random COVID-19 testing. A source reported that random groupings of Furman students have been getting emails to come to testing and if they do not show up, there are consequences. In addition, Furman sends out weekly emails updating the students on the situation, though the source added, these emails are not super transparent and helpful.

As students know, Wofford has not issued campuswide testing, or even randomized testing. This may be a result of the fact that the city of Spartanburg has less cases than the city of Greenville does. Additionally, Wofford’s on-campus policies to protect against COVID-19 have been effective at keeping the cases on campus under control.

$0
$500