100th win for Krissy Hall

Photo courtesy of Mark Olencki – Krissy Hall seen coaching the Wofford women’s tennis team and earning her 100th win. Hall reached her 100th win on Feb. 26, 2023 against Appalachian State.

On Feb. 26, Krissy Hall, Wofford’s Women’s Tennis Team’s head coach, achieved her 100th win when the team won its match against Appalachian State University.

Having joined Wofford in June of 2012, Hall has thoroughly enjoyed her time here, especially through building relationships with her players.

“I have absolutely loved my time at Wofford, and it has been the perfect fit for me and my family,” Hall said. “Building relationships with my players, helping them become the best version of themselves on and off the court, and equipping them with life skills that they will use beyond Wofford is my ‘why’ for coaching these amazing student-athletes at Wofford.”

Prior to her time at Wofford, Hall has served as assistant head coach at both Virginia Tech and Washington State, as well as head coach at University of Alabama – Birmingham.

Besides coaching, Hall was a standout tennis player at Virginia Tech from 1999 to 2003, where she was a three-year captain and a nationally ranked singles player during her senior campaign. While at Virginia Tech, she posted a school-record 81 doubles victories while posting 160 total wins to rank second all-time in school history.

The win against Appalachian State was a joint effort between Hall’s coaching and the players putting their all on the court, ending the match with a final score of 4-3. Hall feels that her 100th win beautifully matched the dedication and hardwork that her team puts in.

“To have my 100th win as a coach come in a match that truly represents the culture of our team was extra special,” Hall said. “Each young lady left everything on the court, played with such passion and heart, and gave amazing energy to each other.”

Georgia Fischer ‘23 is currently the only senior on the tennis team and applauds Hall for being a large reason she decided to come to Wofford four years ago, as she knew their relationship would spread further than just a coach and player, but also as a friend.

“When I was recruited by her four years ago, she was a big reason for why I chose Wofford,” Fischer said. “She was kind, energetic, motivational and, most of all, she made it clear that she would invest in me as a person and not just a player.”

Fischer, along with many other players, found that the win against Appalachian State was a highlight during their time at Wofford as they could see how proud Hall was of all of them.

“The win against App. State was emotional, as I watched Brianna Wilbur ‘25 clinch the match and Coach Hall begin to tear up,” Fischer said. “App. State is a really fierce team, and we had to play great that day to get the win, so it was really special.”

Their win against Appalachian State was their seventh consecutive win of the season. The Old Gold & Black extends congratulations to this team and their wonderful coach.

$0
$500