Wofford recognizes its administrative professionals

Administrative Professionals Day is a national holiday that falls on April 24. Wofford’s administrative professionals perform many tasks behind the scenes that help the inner workings of college run smoothly. 

In celebration, the Staff Advisory Council held a special event to recognize the college’s administrative staff. This is the first time Wofford has had a recognition of this kind in over 23 years.

“It is nice to be recognized in the profession because a lot of times it’s just easy for some of that work to go unnoticed… We all are a team and we network together. When we don’t have answers we can reach out to each other on certain tasks,” said Erica Courson. “Pretty much any event you see on campus, an admin assistant has probably had their hands in helping.”

Secretaries and assistants book lunches, appointments, car rentals, airline tickets, reimburse people for food and mileage and much more. There is much commitment and dedication that takes place behind the scenes, which tends to be easily overlooked. 

Because of this, the SAC spent the afternoon of Apr. 24 in the Kilgo-Clinkscales House, gathered with treats and tea, celebrating those administrative professionals who work hard to make Wofford run smoothly. 

“(It was so nice to see) all of our colleagues in the same room and get a chance to step away from work and have a chance to talk to each other and have some networking opportunities,” said Courson. “ And to celebrate our accomplishments.”

The women looked forward to not only conversing with colleagues in a casual, friendly environment, but meeting new administrative staff as well. Some administrative staff are new to the campus, so the team used this opportunity to get to know them as well. 

The Wofford community is extremely grateful for the humble efforts of each administrative professional.“The collective aim is to make our offices run more smoothly, therefore allowing our colleagues more time to spend helping students,” said Myrna Perkins, administrative assistant. “It’s our job to take care of (those tasks) so that (everything)  runs smoothly.”

$0
$500