Letter from the editors

Editors (from left) Addie Lawrence and Elaine Best sport the Old Gold and Black’s colors at a tailgating event.

By: Addie Lawrence and Elaine Best, Editors

Two editors are better than one, especially when dealing with the minefield of journalism. And journalism, for all its neat facts and short sentences, is messy.

Sometimes, one editor will be scrambling for interviews and working under the heat of a deadline while the other sits on a comfortable couch using a stack of newspapers as a fan.

The constant hounding of internal thoughts bounces off one editor and onto the other, keeping them awake at night as they get trapped in a never-ending cycle of “have we done all that we can?”

Two editors does not mean half the stress. It means there is double the enthusiasm, double the crazy brainstorms and double the nerve-wracking panic of feeling like the job is never done. More than once has one editor needed to be slapped by the other in an attempt to return to some form of sanity, only to have the slapper begin their own downward spiral.

The issue you are reading was not easy for anyone. The staff put in time outside of class that is usually dedicated to Netflix and crocheting and actively made the choice to join this warzone of journalism. They bended to the wills of AP style and searched for quotes far and wide.

To the Wofford community, we say, bring us your stories. All of them, any of them. Because despite how painful this process can be, we want nothing more than to feel the burn of fresh ink on our fingertips.

Check out our website at woffordoldgoldandblack.com, and send your stories and feedback to [email protected].

$0
$500