Humans of Wofford

Humans of Wofford

By: Katherine Waters, Staff Writer

“One of the things that I love observing is how people change over the course of their four years here. It’s amazing to watch how much we’ve progressed, how much we’ve developed and evolved for the better after being at Wofford for four years.” – Katherine Buchanan, Senior

“At eight, you sort of get the social constructs of… these are the people you really shouldn’t talk to, or this is the kind of person you don’t want to be. Afterwards, I started trying to be as kind to people as I possibly could, no matter what they look like, who they acted like. It’s difficult sometimes to push down the prejudice, but it’s my goal to treat everybody equally and care for everyone as we as Christians are taught to. And I credit that to my grandmother, because though she taught me these are the things you’re supposed to do.” – Peter Harbert, Sophomore

“I like when people can be themselves. I like to think that everybody’s weird, and that everybody should embrace being weird, because being weird is what makes you unique, and I think that it makes things fun. I think, for me, that came when I came to Wofford. I started seeing the differences in everybody, as far as religion or race… and all of those are the differences that make the world beautiful to me.” – Mason Cantey, Senior

$0
$500