Fall Weekend: A new tradition for Wofford

A word from our Student Body President, Hank Davis —

Last year, Campus Union had the opportunity, in a sense, to keep one of Wofford’s favorite traditions alive: Boy’s Bid Day. After a rebranding and a lot of hard work by a handful of dedicated Wofford students, Campus Union hosted its first ever Fountain Fest. This year, Campus Union has the same opportunity.

Beginning last semester, I formed an ad-hoc committee inviting 12 members of the student body, all from various backgrounds of leadership and service to the college, to become an integral part of forming a new tradition. All things considered, I felt that Fountain Fest was largely a success, and after taking the reigns from my predecessor Chris Novak, I wanted to improve upon his legacy.

This year, with the help of Campus Union and Wofford Live, I would like to formally introduce the student body to a new Wofford tradition: Fall Weekend. Last year, Campus Union hosted a paint party in between Shipp and DuPre Halls, followed by swimming in the fountain and a picnic dinner. This year, Campus Union is hosting an inflatable 25 x 50 foot foam pit with a DJ in between Shipp and DuPre. This event will be followed by an opportunity to take a dip in the fountain and a picnic dinner in front of Burwell.

What’s different this year you might ask? We have added a Saturday aspect to the fun. Starting at 1 p.m. sharp in Phase 3 of the Village, Wofford Live is hosting an all-day music festival, having three bands perform all throughout the afternoon. There will be a food truck to take care of all your hunger needs and a shaved ice station to satisfy your sweet tooth. Both events are BYOB for those of legal drinking age and Show Pros will be on location to check ID’s.

I think that Fall Weekend is going to be an event you are not going to want to miss. We have a unique opportunity to be a part of something completely new and exciting for the student body. A lot of time, money and hard work have been poured into ensuring the success of this event, but it will only be a success if there is a large turnout. I am looking forward to celebrating with all of you and I cannot wait to make this vision a reality.

$0
$500