Christmas on campus

NO ROW, NO PROBLEM–

By Anna Aguillard, Senior Writer

During this year of transition, one thing won’t change – Wofford will still be celebrating Christmas on campus. While the lack of row makes the traditional Winter Lighting impossible, and fire codes prevent seniors from decorating their apartments in twinkling lights, Wofford Activity Council (WAC) has been hard at work planning an equally merry celebration.

WAC is sponsoring the first ever Festival of Trees on Dec. 1, 2015. Fifteen organizations will decorate a tree. Each will stand in front of Old Main to be judged after the Wofford Music Department performs the annual Candlelight Carols at 7 p.m. Trees will be judged by Isaiah Addison, Allen Lollis, Rev. Ron and President Samhat. The winning organization will receive $100 to donate to the philanthropy of their choice.

“We are excited to keep the Winter Lighting tradition going strong , and we hope that Wofford will enjoy new additions to Winter Lighting,” says Addison.

WAC is also sponsoring an ice skating rink which will be constructed on the seal of Old Main. The rink fits up to fifty people at one time. As always, S’mores and hot chocolate will be provided.

The Festival of Trees will last from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Additionally, the City of Spartanburg will be celebrating the Christmas season with the 22nd annual Dickens of a Christmas Dec. 3, downtown. Carolers dress in Victorian-era costumes and listen to Christmas music as they view live window displays, ride in horse-drawn carriages and ice skate on Morgan Square. The annual lighting of the Christmas tree at Denny’s Plaza will take place at 7:30 p.m., and the festivities will last from 6 until 9 p.m.

$0
$500