Campus Union addresses proposals

By: Brie White, Senior Writer

Proposals brought to Campus Union thus far during the Fall 2016 semester include:

Proposal to Fund the Wofford Club Baseball Team

Therefore be it resolved, that the 2016-2017 Wofford College Campus Union Assembly allocate $1,411.67 to the Wofford Club Baseball team as it provides direct benefit to all members of the Wofford College community.

Proposed by Jake Brogdon, Sponsored by: Logan Miller and Brendan Paschal

Proposal to Fund Improvements in the Dupre Courtyard

Therefore be it resolved, that the 2016-2017 Campus Union Assembly allocate $2,490.00 to fund the purchase of Adirondack furniture for use in the Dupre Residence Hall Courtyard.

Proposed by: Peter Harbert, Luke Lovell, Sponsored by: Facility Affairs Committee

Proposal to Fund Wofford Students to Attend the Alpha Phi Omega National Convention

Therefore be it resolved, the 2016-2017 Campus Union Assembly allocate $1,818.00 to Alpha Phi Omega so that 6 members of this chartered organization can attend the 2016 National Convention in Pittsburgh, PA.

Proposed by: Rebecca McGregor, Sponsored by: Roderick Todd

Proposal to Create the Wofford Diversity Council

Therefore be it resolved, that the 2016-2017 Wofford College Campus Union Assembly create the Wofford Diversity Council consisting of the chairs of the Association of Multicultural Students, Organization of Latin American Students, Black Students Association, Muslim Students Association, Jambo Afrika, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Inc, Spectrum, Wofford Women of Color, Gospel Choir, Transitions, Multicultural Association of Pre Med Students, and Interfaith Youth Core.

Proposed by: Omar K. Elmore, Sponsored by: Fredy Madrid and Bali Channa

Proposal to Fund the Wofford Club Soccer Team

Therefore be it resolved, that the 2016-2017 Wofford College Campus Union Assembly allocate $1,378.00 to Wofford Club Soccer team as it provides direct benefit to all members of the Wofford College community.

Proposed by: The Wofford Club Soccer Team, Sponsored by: Matt Nocella and Fredy Madrid

Proposal to Construct a Pathway to Martha’s Garden

Therefore be it resolved, that the 2016-2017 Campus Union Assembly recommend and request that the Office of the President and the Physical Plant work in conjunction and with expediency to assess, plan, and construct a walkway leading to and from Martha’s Garden.

Proposed by: Will Randall, Sponsored by: Will Randall, Carter Rief and Brendan Paschal

Proposal to Purchase SurveyMonkey Gold for Campus Union

Therefore be it resolved, that the 2016-2017 Wofford College Campus Union Assembly allocate $300 annually to subscribe to SurveyMonkey Gold.

Proposed by: Logan Miller, Sponsored by: Andy White, Margaret Lang

Proposal to Sponsor the 5K for Karl

Therefore be it resolved, that the 2016-2017 Campus Union Assembly allocates $100.00 to sponsor trophies for 5K for Karl put on by the Kappa Sigma Fraternity.

Proposed by: Baxter Murray, Sponsored by: Mary Katherine Linn, Patrick Longest, Will Randall, Carter Rief and Mattie Weldon

$0
$500