The Bucket List

By: Kelsey Aylor and Sheridan Kate Murray, Co-Editors

1. Sit in a rocking chair at the baseball stadium and watch the sunset
The rocking chairs and other seats at the Russel C. King baseball field have become popular spots for students to hang out, study or eat a meal with friends. With a great view of sunsets and its location near the train tracks, spending a warm fall or spring evening here is a must.
2. Study abroad either for a semester or interim
Wofford has consistently ranked in the top 10 nationally for study abroad participation from the Open Doors Report. With travel grants and scholarships, studying abroad has become even more accessible to students and is highly encouraged!
3. Shag on the seal of Old Main
If you’re not from the Upstate area, the concept of shagging may seem foreign to you, but this iconic Southern dance is a staple at any major Wofford event. If you really love to dance, join Spartanburg Swing at their weekly practices.
4. Get to know a professor on a personal level
Although you will undoubtedly make friends with fellow students, your professors are also great resources for help and guidance. Never be afraid to approach a professor with a question, and never be afraid to deepen that relationship. Visit a professor’s office even if you don’t have a question about class – have real conversations and you will gain a confidant and friend.
5. Say hello to Prema Samhat or Provost Sosulski during their regular dog walks

Taking time to get to know the administration is just as important as getting to know your professors! Wofford is a close-knit community so it is common to see members of administration
walking around campus. The Samhats even host monthly dinners for randomly selected students to attend.
6. Have a picnic at Glendale Shoals
Located in the historic Glendale community, the Glendale Shoals Preserve (which also houses the Goodall Environmental Studies Center) offers a scenic view of the Lawson’s Fork Creek, its waterfall and the old Glendale textile mill. Bring a blanket or your hammock to enjoy an afternoon of studying, picnicking or even napping.
7. Play in the annual Spring Weekend volleyball tournament
Spring Weekend is one of the most beloved Wofford events and brings plenty of fun activities for all students to participate in. One of the most popular is the volleyball tournament, where you and
a group of friends can form a group of six and try your chances at winning the tournament prize.
8. Go to holiday-themed campus activities
From the Halloween pumpkin carving event to the winter lighting celebration, Wofford’s Office of Student Affairs hosts various activities to allow students a fun night with friends.

$0
$500