Wofford Live Is Back In Action

A Thousand Horses perform at Wofford in 2017 to a packed house. The chances of a crowd this size in the Spring are slim to none. Photo courtesy of the OG&B archives.

New ways to boost morale on Wofford’s campus, Spring Concert looming 

Wofford Live is mostly known for big events such as spring and fall concert, often bringing in large crowds of excited students. However, in the current situation due to the pandemic, Wofford Live is providing students with many resources to keep the tunes flowing. Students now have access to playlists set by the organization’s new chair, Matt Dubach ‘21on Spotify as well as other streaming services.:

According to Dubach, “As I was coming into the Wofford Live chair position, I started thinking of ways that Wofford Live could connect with Wofford students in a more direct way. One of my favorite hobbies is to create playlists for my friends, so I thought why not have Wofford Live do the same thing?

Dubach found that this  not only had a positive influence on students, but that they wanted more of it. Dubach hopes that there has been a boost in morale as a result, and wants to publicly say that anyone can request a playlist from Wofford Live and all they have to do is ask.

Wofford Live has been the forefront of live music coming to Wofford’s campus and has a school funded budget in order to secure performances.As of now, Spring concert is scheduled for May 1,, and Dubach is hopeful for an in-person crowd. 

“This date is liable to change, of course, but that’s the intended date of spring concert,” Dubach said. 

Dubach is not expecting to be able to have the whole student body in-person at Spring Concert. However, he pledges to the Wofford student body to have ​as many students attend in-person as Wofford will allow.​ 

There are several contention plans being drafted as the vaccination and infection rates evolve, however it heavily relies on the student body adhering to COVID-19 regulations.

The lineup of Spring concert have not been released yet, but Dubach advises strongly to follow the Covid-19 Guidelines stating, “these artists are some must-see performers.”

$0
$500