Autumn vibrations

Junior Ke Zeng realizes that Autumn is here.

By: Caleb Pierce, Staff Writer

Summer is gone; exams are coming.

The fall has other bounties, however.

Freshman Bethany Moore says, “It’s really relaxing. I just enjoy the fashion styles of the season. It’s perfect hot chocolate weather.”

Sophomore Brendan Paschal says, “I love it because the weather starts to change, and also I love the colors of the trees that are changing colors.”

The changing weather and sights are also an opportunity for those interested in selfies.

Junior Aaliyah Keels says, “The best thing about fall is wearing an endless number of cardigans. And as far as advice goes here’s a simple equation: Cardigans + layering +falling autumn leaves = Instagram gold.”

Each season in time is also a season of mind.

Dr. Anne Catlla, math professor, says, “This year I will marvel at the changing colors and crunch of leaves through the eyes of a child.”

Junior Tristan Krebs says, “Autumn is a transformative time of year. Follow in the path of the trees and shed all of the excess things you don’t need in your life.”

Senior Julia Smith says, “Autumn has always come as a relief to me. It’s not just the temperature — I feel like autumn shows the world in the prime of life. The changing colors of the trees make the places I love most their most beautiful.”

In some cases, fall inspires deep introspection.

Junior Sarah Peters says, “Are they called leaves because they’re leaving?”

In others, it gives us hopes and dreams.

Senior Claire DeMars says, “I’m hoping that as winter approaches they are as over-exuberant about the heating as they are the cooling during the summer.”

For some, the weather has not changed soon enough.

Junior Eli Henson says, “Is it gonna get here any time soon or what?”

Junior Michelle Moss says, “The leaves are still green– fact.”

For others, the fall means family.

Junior Patricia Kuntz says, “Everyone in my family’s birthday is in the fall, so all I think about in fall are presents.”

Others gaze farther than our atmosphere.

Sophomore Mike Hoffman says, “It’s my favorite equinox.”

To freshman Kevin Quis, it is an invigorating season.

Quis says, “It has reinvigorated me thoroughly.”

With its moods and colors, meanings and feelings, autumn is as complex as we humans are.

Sophomore Tin Tran says, “The weather is nice but the midterms are coming, so like fall, falling, mood falling, everything’s falling – fall at Wofford, my great fall, and I’ve already spent all my terrier bucks.”

$0
$500