A note from Campus Union

The following procedures will be used by students applying for an allocation from the Campus Union Student Empowerment Funds:

a. Special Projects Fund: The purpose of this fund is to deliberately allow Campus Union delegates to obtain funding for special projects without having to write a formalized proposal to the Assembly. The constitution of the Campus Union of Wofford College states in Section 8, Article F that, “In order that allocations be made as the occasion arises, the Campus Union Treasurer, without Assembly approval may disburse up to, but no more than $50.00 at any one time, providing that the Assembly is informed of the allocation.” This fund will allow Delegates of the Campus Union Assembly to start projects outside the normal parameters of our weekly meetings.

i. Delegates will submit a written (email) request to the current Treasurer outlining exactly what the funds would be used for.

ii. The current Treasurer will then ensure that the request is not in violation of any aforementioned guidelines and is in line with the mission of Wofford College.

iii. The Financial Affairs Committee will then review the request and provide their insight into the request.

iv. The current Treasurer will report to the Assembly of the allocation at the following meeting.

v. The delegate who received the funds will spend the money within three calendar weeks of the allocation.

vi. The Delegate who received funds from the Special Projects Fund will report to the Assembly how the funds were spent and how it benefited Wofford College.

b. Jumpstart Fund: The purpose of this fund is to allow students from the Wofford Campus at large to explore the possibility of forming a new Chartered Organization on campus. There is a wide array of interest on Wofford’s campus and as incoming classes continue to diversify, this fund allows Campus Union to encourage student growth and engagement in new fields of interest.

i. Chartered organizations may not apply for these funds.ii. The following requirements must be met in order for a group of students to obtain funds from this account.

1. A minimum of 5 students must show a unified interest in the idea of creating a club or campus organization.

2. A prospective faculty/staff advisory must agree to supervise and consult the group of students throughout the trial period.

3. The trial period will be from the time the group of students receives funding until the end of the semester.

4. No group requesting funds will receive over $200.00 from this fund.

iii. A Delegate from the standing Campus Union Assembly must agree to write and present a proposal for the funding.

1. In the proposal, the presenting Delegate will specify what this group is requesting funds for from the Jump Start Fund.

2. The proposal must present a mission statement for the group and their hopes for current semester.

iv. A delegate from the standing Campus Union Assembly must agree to work with the group of students who are requesting funding and act as the intermediary between the group of students and the Assembly, reporting on the groups business on a bi-weekly basis.

1. The group of students’ business will include expenses, meetings, events, etc.

c. Community Health and Wellness Fund: The purpose of this fund is to address issues regarding the health and wellness of the Wofford College Student Body before the administration of Wofford College feels the need to intervene. This fund has been set aside for students to address social issues regarding health and wellness that have happened or could occur on our campus.

i. These issues include but are not limited to sexual assault and prevention, alcohol abuse, abuse of prescription and illegal drugs, psychological disorders, issues of personal self-esteem, etc.

ii. In order to obtain these funds, members of the student body will take the following steps:

1. A minimum of one student, one faculty or administrator, and one Campus Union Delegate must agree to work together on the proposed project.

2. A Delegate from the Assembly of Campus Union will submit and present a proposal to the assembly requesting funding from this specific fund.

3. The money, if the proposal is passed, will be spent within three calendar weeks of the proposal’s passage.

iii. The Delegate who sponsored the proposal will report back to the assembly on a weekly basis regarding developments in the use of the funds.

$0
$500